Project Go!

Saturday, August 04, 2007 Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
Poor little Gracy spent days and days writing and re-writing this report on her mission trip. She's going to read it tonight at church, and we're going to mold it into her thank you notes she'll be sending out shortly:

Fifth and Sixth graders from all over Wisconsin gathered in Janesville for training. We just happened to be training for a mission called Project Go!

Project Go! is a mission trip for kids to minister to kids of all ages and their parents who need to come to Jesus. Alot of these kids don't have alot of money. We gave them lots of free fun with a message.

We were in training for three days. In those three days we did nothing but practice, practice, practice all of our skits and games. We had to learn to get along. For some it was harder than for others. Pastor Troy taught us how to pray with others for salvation.

Then my team went to Columbus. In those three days we did skits and games. The first night I was in two games: the beach ball game, and the scripture game. Also I was in the skit "You Need A Ticket". I played a rich person! Night two I was in three games: human basketball, balloon relay, and scripture game (there are three scripture games). I was also in the skit "Prodgal Son", I played a bar girl. Day three I was in almost everything! I did four games, three skits, and even got to lead praise and worship with Pastor Holly!

We had a fun time putting on skits and playing games while seeing lives being changed. My favorite part was praying with a little girl to accept Jesus as her savior. I thought it was super fun and I made lots of friends on this trip! I hope I get to go next year!

The End
By Gracy

2 comments:

Jenee said...

So sorry I am missing Gracie! Tell her we are SO proud of her. Anna and Sean are at Packer's Family Night and I am skipping church because I was supposed to have plans with family and they just cancelled!

Anonymous said...

Dear Gracy,
I am so sorry I missed your report to the church on your mission trip. I am sure Jesus is smiling at you for all your hard work and for saving a soul. I am proud as can be. I love you much.
Grandma Christine