WWII Projects by Gracy

Sunday, September 28, 2008 Posted In Edit This 1 Comment »
After months of reading about WWII, Gracy's projects are finally complete. She wrote a report complete with outline and bibliography and then had these two projects. Yes, she's still reading books about WWII.

I was a bit disappointed with this diorama. She started out strong and had lots of ideas. She worked really hard for one day and deciding she was tired of working on it called it done. I kept trying to get her to go back, but she was finished. I love the train car complete with mini marshmallow wheels. I also tried not to giggle when she used mini marshmallows for the German soldiers but left the Jews to be wire or toothpick people "because they were starving". I guess she pictured the German soldiers to have pot bellies. She made the fence out of an unusual combination of wire and hot glue. I was a bit disturbed by the toothpick Jewish person throwing himself into the electric fence to end it all. "What?! It really happened, Mom!"


And then there's the propaganda poster I requested. Try to make one up yourself I said. Try not to copy one that all ready exists. What would you have said to people in a poster back then? The result? "What?! I changed it. On the original the Uncle Sam is pointing at people." Ugh. It's a start. Baby steps... She did a great job making him look friendly...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Mom, it really did happen. It was a horrible time in history that can never be forgotten and yet we now have people who want to say it never happened. Excellent job Gracy. Grandma Christine