Field Trip!

Sunday, October 05, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
We've recently decided to do a little bit of extra work Monday through Thursday to leave Fridays for fun stuff. If we get a whole weeks worth of work done in four days, we have an extra day to do some of the things we don't have time to do otherwise.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>START RABBIT TRAIL<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
By the way, I can't even belive that we don't find time to do stuff. For some reason, I was worried that I'd run out of ideas and the girls might be disappointed. NOT THE CASE! I'm ditching ideas left and right because I've over planned. I know, I know. I'm a chronic over-planner. I haven't found the support group for it yet. Maybe there isn't one. I could start planning for one...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>END RABBIT TRAIL<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Anyway, we picked Friday not only because it's at the end of the week and starts with "f" (so we could call them Fabulously Free For Fun Stuff Fridays), but because we all ready have gym every Friday morning for two hours with our homeschool association. After gym class we've been enjoying lunch and art class with our friends, rotating which house we make a mess in.

This week was the third or fourth week they worked on 3-D paper projects, so they started to get a bit bored and off track. We decided to ditch the end of art class and take a field trip that would include lots of walking and fresh air.

Plus, honestly, I think I'm wanting to cram in as many outside activities as we can before it's cold and yucky. And its not like the girls have been complaining about all the outside, hands-on learning time! :)



Even with backs turned, you can pick Maggie (and her fine color matching abilities) out of our small crowd. Gracy was funny when we first got there. She pretended she didn't like the place, but she begs to go all the time! Stinker!



The last few field trips we've taken we've found the famous black and brown fuzzy caterpillar. Every one of them feels the need to poop on whomever is brave enough to hold it. This one was no exception. For some reason the younger girls were surprised its poop was green...I wonder what color they thought digested leaves would be.





I'm sure these flowers looked prettier at some point earlier in the year.



I'm not sure why I didn't photograph the wild grapes we found growing along the trail (and enjoyed munching on). Or the acorn that one of the kids smashed on the ground to taste. Makes me want to borrow a field guide from the library and see what else is hanging around that I don't recognize!

0 comments: