Garden Update

Wednesday, August 20, 2008 Posted In Edit This 0 Comments »
Gracy has been avoiding the garden this summer. She says "no thank you" when I ask if she wants to come see if anything is ripe. She's not been very excited about the new developments or the experiments. I've been trying to figure out whether she thinks that gardening is for little kids and old people or just plain boring. A couple times a week she pokes around and asks questions, but tries to be on the sly - make it seem like she's not all that interested. So I was beginning to think she just thought she was in the wrong age category for gardening (and half of the projects and things we've always done together, but that's a different post!) This morning it was confirmed. I went downstairs this morning to discover BOTH of the girls in the garden looking around WITHOUT ME!

And now...the garden update...

Maggie runs out to the garden each morning to see if there are more red tomatoes. She sometimes can't wait long enough and eats them orange. She agrees that they are better when they are red, but who can wait? Gracy kept her word. She tried out a red tomato. Her face was priceless. I'm quite certain she won't be trying tomatoes ever again.


Here's an update picture of "Skinny Larry". See his baby picture here.


The Great Green Bean Experiment continues... (to see them as lil sprouts click here)


Eggplant flowers are gorgeous! I fear these flowers are the peak of these eggplants. My dreams of eggplant parmasian may be limited to the farmers market!


Dear Cantelope, I wonder if you will fall prey to the watermelon-napers.


Peppers....mmmmm....salsa....


More from The Great Grocery Store Experiment. These onions (click here for thier early beginnings) seem to be doing fine. They are still green and strong. Still experiementing!


Chubby Bob! (click here to see his start) He's almost ready to be eaten! Yippy!


This poor sunflower! It's trying so hard to make me smile. It's just pathetic though!


This pepper is going to be in my salad at supper time. I can't wait!


The watermelons were making a comeback...but this is what we found this morning...


Yummy! I can't wait to much on this one! And just think, I almost yanked these out of the garden because I was sick of watering plants that just kept growing leaves!

0 comments: