I Might Be Crazy

Friday, August 29, 2008 Posted In , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Maggie's dad had somewhere he had to be this weekend. So he left Maggie at home - and brought her sister Cecelia over. So I have the giggle triplets for the l-o-n-g weekend.

Cecelia and Gracy are only 4 months apart, so let's just say there's a lot of pre-teen in the house. I must have said "yes" (temporary insanity?) when they asked if the neighbor could sleep over, because she's here in her pajamas with make-up on and her hair straightened (all the typical signs that a sleepover is underway).

Maggie is currently in the shower singing loudly in a beautiful opera style. The other girls are gathering pillows and blankets and talking about watching Camp Rock and High School Musical 2. They want pizza, ice cream, popcorn, cookies, kool-aid, and popsicles. I anticipate smelling nail polish and hairspray any moment.

They are dancing in the kitchen (I asked what they were doing and they said, "the skit, or skat, or mashed potato, or something like that". Followed by whispers). The giggling...one is giggling at all times. They take turns so that it never stops.

Someday my house will be clean and I'm going to miss this.

Someday.

0 comments: