Less Is More

Friday, July 27, 2007 Edit This 0 Comments »
I knew the month of July would be a busy and strange one. First Maggie went to Massachusetts, then Gracy went on her mission trip. Ben spent a week with his grandparents, and then the girls left to go to North Carolina.

I thought I was going to get all this stuff done without the kids in various stages. I've come to realize two things..

#1 The less kids, the more work - Especially if the one gone is the oldest. The younger kids follow the lead of the older kids. When left by themselves, the younger kids almost seem lost. They can't think of games to play, books to read, and even make a decision about going to the pool is tough. They also require just as much socialization. Only now instead of the talking being split between me and the other kids, it's all me.

#2 Any plans made to accomplish major tasks while children are gone will not get done - Its like there's an alarm that goes off somewhere. Sarah's made plans to FINALLY do xyz task, the kids are gone....disaster must strike somewhere else to distract her from accomplishing this and all other tasks on the list...It's crazy, but during a time when I should have been able to accomplish extra, I seem to have accomplished less!

0 comments: