We're Off to Camp!

Friday, June 08, 2007 Posted In , Edit This 0 Comments »

This morning I did some last minute packing of food items and sent the girls off on their very first camp experience. Well, they've been camping before, but never without a parent. This is different. This is Missionette camp. This is the Girl's Great Get-Away!

As expected, Gracy couldn't wait for me to pull out of the parking lot. She's always been fairly independant, and that's only increasing. I suppose that's the goal of this entire parenting job. To work my way out of a job. To have them be able to enjoy independence. Maggie on the other hand, couldn't get enough hugs. And if I could just "please, please, please, mommy, mommy, mommy, please stay" until they leave. I compromised. I helped pack up & pray. Then, when they were deciding who would ride where, I left.

I have to admit...I am a bit torn about dropping them off for camp. I am so grateful for the opportunity to send them. I'm sure they'll have a great time. But I sort of wish it was an experience I could share with them. However, I'm glad it's not me that has to take all those giggling girls to the campsite and pitch tents. I am not a fan of sleeping outside, let alone on the ground. I don't mind the campfire deal, but having to walk to a building to go to the bathroom I can do without.

Poor Ben. He would've liked to go too. He might not even have cared that it was all girls. He's spent the day reading books and climbing trees. When we took a walk he insisted on stopping by his friend's house to see if he could come over and play. To his delight, both his friend AND his little brother could come. They spent quite a long time enjoying the beautiful weather from the middle of a tree.

0 comments: